Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thinking Outside the Garment Bag - There Was No Sleeping In This Morning

Some friends of mine wanted some family photos to document a time in their life where their family is about to grow.
So, at 8am this morning we met at Hammons Beach and set off to capture the budding of a beautiful family. There was no sleeping in this morning.
K and J were kind enough to allow me to share their moment with you.




























I wanted to create a mystical feel, something different, soft, and full of wonder. I thought the balloons and early morning fog would aide in this feel and look.

So after 1000+ photos, one super tired baby, a mama tired of tredging through fields and beach, and a helpful papa we were done. They were troupers! I came home and sat in front of my computer, polished off an entire bag of Pirate Booty, 2 Diet Cokes, and set out to make their moment noteworthy. Thank you Photodiarest for the nudge... I feel good about these photos.

I hope I succeeded. :)

12 comments:

What is Reality Anyway? said...

gorgeous!!

Tokyo fashion-HOLIC said...

Beautiful pics!
Especially I love babies pic in many baloons<3

The Photodiarist said...

Wow! You are a brilliant photographer!!!!! I love these, Cristi! You totally succeeded. I am totally impressed.

Anonymous said...

Love your artistic eye - you have a gift :)

My Passport to Style said...

Simply sensational, what talent! Sharon xx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Cristi, you keep getting better and better! These pictures are beutiful and you definitely created a mystical, dreamlike feel.

Cindy Whitehead said...

I love what you did - gorgeous photos and what a beautiful family. Congrats to everyone!

Unknown said...

These are so special thanks for sharing! Infinitely better than your typical family portrait - I'm picturing everyone including the dog in matching denim shirts..


xx FujiFiles

C. said...

Wonderful !
I love these colors .
Beautiful photos ...

Big Dadddy said...

These photos are so beautiful, you are such a genius photographer!
Ps. Love that white lace top!

Rock N Revolution said...

So beautiful...you are truly talented and they are such a beautiful family! xo

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful photographs. I especially love the last shot.