Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thinking Outside of the Garment Bag- Son's Letter

Ashley from Fashion Roadkill struck me with her post aware. Talking about taking a small about of action and give a little time to "real issues in the world". I think that is super rad.
Here is my first attempt at... Thinking outside of the Garment Bag



My son wrote a letter to a friend of ours that enlisted and is now training to be in the Rangers.
With our adult opinions and beliefs set aside,
I was blown away at what my son wrote.

He first related to Mikey telling him about his first experience shooting a gun with my Dad.
Then asked questions.
"is it fun?"
"will you be jumping out of helicopters with machine guns?"
"is it hard?"

Ending by letting Mikey know that his beautiful dog Lilly is fun
(we take care of her time to time),
and saying that he loves him.




Worldly issues "truly" enter my life through the eyes of my child.





Dylan and Lilly running on the beach.

2 comments:

Ruhvana and Flanelli said...

That text from Dylan to Mike is so cute. I mean the begining is a bit scary, little children talking about guns. But the end! I love it so much.
I had to write it down so I won't forget it.

Ruhvana

Cristi Silva said...

I totally agree, I don't allow Dylan to have toy guns. My opinion is that I never want him to think they are toys.

He wanted to know what it was like to shoot a real gun. So my Dad did for Dylan what he did for me. Taught him how serious they are.

So he understands now why he does not have toy guns....But the entire letter is about ....guns.

So what are you going to do...